Effective Date: September 25, 2023
Information We Collect
We collect various types of information about our Website visitors. In the past 12 months, we may have collected:
- Location: We use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services.
- Device Information: When you visit our Websites, interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, or open our emails, we learn about your browser, device type, IP address, internet service provider, and other technical information about your device.
- Contact Information: We collect contact information, which includes personal information like name, email address, phone number, and shipping address and may also include information such as your social media account information.
- Payment Information: Your payment details can be collected in connection with an order.
- Communication Records: If you communicate with our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Shopping History: We keep track of your shopping history with us, including the items you purchase, return or exchange, or add to your cart.
- Website Interactions: We collect information about your interactions with our Websites. This data may then be used to troubleshoot customer service issues, to improve site functionality, and to analyze user needs.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Websites, Social Media Pages, or to us including photos, texts and reviews.
- Profile Information: We may have access to profile details about our customers such as your preferences and website behavior.
- Demographic Information: We have access to demographic details about our customers such as birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other similar details.
How We Collect Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: make a purchase; visit our Websites; contact us with questions or comments; upload content; create an account; sign up for communications; add to your cart; respond to a survey; write a review; or use or like our Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Websites, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us such as payment processors, analytics, or advertising companies. Your information may be collected and processed independently in accordance with the third party’s own privacy notices. These third parties share information they have collected with us.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information with us. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- Fulfillment: Fulfilling your orders and other requests, including, but not limited to, processing payments and delivering our products.
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email, text, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Your Privacy Choices section below.
- Understanding Our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Websites, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communication), and monitoring the effectiveness of our advertising and communications.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize our relationship with you, including presenting customized communication, advertising, and experiences on our Websites, emails, and ads on social media.
- Communications: Communicating with you about our services and responding to your inquiries.
- Hiring: Recruiting and hiring. If you apply for employment, we have access to the content you provide such as your resume, cover letter, and any information contained therein.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Websites and Social Media Pages, developing our products and services, and constantly improving our customers’ experience, including but not limited to, troubleshooting customer service issues and improving site functionality.
- Security: Protecting us and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and for What Purposes
We may share information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we share information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our business, including fulfilling orders, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Websites and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use the Information We Collect, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may share with them the types of information described in How We Use the Information We Collect.
- Parties to a Business Transaction: If we were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or it acquires another company, or is involved in a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control, your information could be shared with that business entity.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect our Websites’ users, our Websites, or the public.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Websites from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email.
- Online Accounts: You can keep your contact information and payment methods accurate and up to date by logging into your account on our Websites. If you wish to cancel your account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: NAI Opt-Out and DAA Opt-Out (you will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preference under those programs). You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Websites. Depending on your location, we may utilize Google Analytics. You can opt out of Google Analytics across all websites you use. To do so, visit this website.
If you are a California, Virginia, Colorado, Connecticut, or Utah resident, you can learn more about your privacy rights below.
Our Websites and Social Media Pages are intended for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information of children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records. To request deletion of personal information relating to a child under 16, please email email@example.com.
We employ physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect online. While we use these security measures on our Website, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. You can protect your information by selecting strong, unique passwords for the Website and any associated email addresses. If you have concerns about the security of your account, or wish to alert us of any potential vulnerabilities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
We recommend that you use the latest web browser versions to optimize your experience. Older web browser versions may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our Websites as intended.
Please contact us with your privacy-related questions, comments, and concerns by calling 800.662.3474 or by emailing email@example.com.
U.S. Privacy Rights
Residents of California, Virginia, Connecticut, Colorado, and Utah have certain rights concerning the processing and use of their Personal Data. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions under applicable law. For purposes of this section, the term “Personal Data” includes both “Personal Information” and “Personal Data” as defined by applicable law.
If your Personal Data is subject to a privacy law in your state, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
- Know, access, and confirm your Personal Data.
- Delete the Personal Data we have about you, subject to exceptions under applicable law.
- Correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data.
- Obtain your Personal Data in a portable and readily usable format.
- Opt-out of the use or processing of your Personal Data for profiling or targeted advertising.
- Opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data.
Under certain state laws, you may also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of these privacy rights. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights.
Certain state laws may also provide you the right to appeal our decisions regarding your rights requests if we do not respond to your requests or do not take action regarding your requests. Additionally, if you are a resident of the state of California, you may have a right to pursue legal action for improper handling of your Personal Data.
How to Submit a Request
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above, and are a resident of a state that provides such privacy rights, you may submit a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling us toll-free at 800.662.3474, or you may opt-out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Data by using this webform. If you choose to submit your request via email, you must include “Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line and clearly provide us with the following information: what type of request you are making, your full name, email address, and shipping address. You may only make one request per email.
We are required to provide you with access to your Personal Data or delete your Personal Data only in response to verifiable consumer requests. We will compare the information you provide to us in your request with any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. You may be asked to provide us with information such as your home address, email address, and telephone number. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only.
Please note that you may authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights on your behalf by contacting us by email at email@example.com. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization similar to the verification described above for fulfilling any access or deletion requests. We may require more information to ensure proper verification of you and your agent’s identity and authorization.
Categories of Personal Data Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We share personal data about you with service providers and third parties for business purposes, such as operational purposes and other purposes related to providing you with the services you seek from us. For more information about the business purposes for which we disclose Personal Data, see How Do We Use the Information We Collect and see Information We Collect for what types of information may be shared.
“Do Not Sell” Rights; Sharing for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising, Profiling, or Targeted Advertising
We may disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, which are not a sale: (i) for reasons mentioned above; (ii) if you direct us to share Personal Data; (iii) to comply with your requests under applicable law; and (iv) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
We do not sell Personal Data or share Personal Data about you for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising, profiling, or targeted advertising.
You may request that we delete Your Personal Data that we have collected directly from you. Under applicable law, we may decline to delete your Personal Data under certain circumstances, for example, if we need the Personal Data to complete transactions or provide services you have requested or that are reasonably anticipated, for security purposes, for internal business purposes (including maintaining business records), to comply with law, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Requests from January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
|Type of Request||Total Verified Requests Received||Requests Denied||Requests Complied With||Average Days to Respond|
|Request to Access Data||0||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Request to Correct Data||0||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Request to Delete Data||0||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Request to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing||0||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Sensitive Personal Information and Sensitive Data
If you are a resident of California, we will not process your Sensitive Personal Information, and if you are a resident of Virginia, Colorado, or Connecticut, we will not process your Sensitive Data (as that term is defined under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act; the Colorado Privacy Act; and Connecticut’s Act Concerning Personal Data Privacy and Online Monitoring) without your prior consent.
Additional California Privacy Rights
California residents may also ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal data that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. California residents may make one request per calendar year.
To make this request, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include a subject line that states “CA Shine the Light Request,” state that you are a California resident, and provide a current California address for our response.